Thursday, January 29, 2009

Black museums of Arkansas

I'm excited to be writing about some of the wonderful museums tell the story of African-Americans in Arkansas for a newspaper piece next month.

My favorite museum of all time is the Fargo Agricultural School Museum located a few miles north of my hometown. Another fascinating one is the Uzuri Project display in Hot Springs; I wrote about this fascinating exhibit almost two years ago for a different newspaper. Intriguing and informing, these museums and many others relay a vital piece of history that is not to be missed.

The Mosaic Templars Cultural Center in downtown Little Rock (9th and Broadway, at the heart of the African-American business district of decades ago) is a new museum I'll be adding to my list of places to see.

No comments: